SHARE IN A NEW ZEALAND SUCCESS STORY.
Why join Sierra?
● 100% New Zealand owned and operated.
● A successful Kiwi business, offering a great lifestyle opportunity.
● Over 40 years experience and success in hospitality.
● Have exceptional coffee credentials, backed by our own Master coffee roaster and roastery, and ongoing world class Barista training
● Proven systems and offer ongoing extensive training.
● Expert back office support staff for all parts of the business ‐ from marketing and finance, to operations. Prior hospitality experience is then not essential.
● Have a Sierra Café and business model to suit each location, its size and customer base.
● We encourage franchisees to add personal touches to their menu and café fit‐out to best suit their location and to serve their local community and deliver to their bottom line.
● Our collective purchasing power from trusted producers and suppliers, delivers to the bottom line.
● We continuously refine and improve what we do, belong to key industry associations and host franchisee wide conferences and awards to share learning’s and applaud the best.
Sierra Café and business model to suit each location and investment level. From fully fitted cafes to take away kiosks.
Pending the location, size and customer needs of each café catchment, we have a Sierra café business model to suit – and so a format to suit the lifestyles and skill‐sets of owner‐ operators. We have the ESPRESSO BAR or TAKE AWAY CAFÉ that has minimal seating, a streamlined food cabinet and a coffee machine. This model is well suited to kiosks at train stations and supermarkets for example. Our fully fitted Sierra cafés are tailored to ENTERTAINMENT or shopping mall destinations, LOCAL residential suburbs and BUSINESS and OFFICE complexes. The fully fitted café experience includes suitable indoor and outdoor seating, both cabinet food and a full menu and coffee.
Frequently asked questions
When can I get started?
After sending us your Expression of Interest (link to form at bottom of page) or an email (link to contact page), we will give you a call and send you a more detailed Application Form to complete. This also includes a Confidentiality Form. We will then work with you to find a suitable location or an existing café. As a guide, it generally takes 12 weeks to get a café up and running.
How much does a café cost?
This will depend on the size, type and location of your café, but as a guide it costs from about $150,000 for an espresso bar to $350,000 for a fully fitted café.
How much is the franchise joining fee?
The franchise fee covers the cost of site selection, recruitment, training and assisting the franchisee in the set up and launch of their franchised business. It also permits franchisees to operate under the Sierra brand, and to use the intellectual property and operating systems. Our franchise fee is $45,000 plus GST.
What is the length of the franchise agreement?
This usually depends on the length of your lease.
Will Sierra help during the opening phase of my café and assist with staff training?
Definitely! You will spend a week in another Sierra café to observe the operations. Our support staff will also assist you hands‐on in your new café for the first two weeks, and we provide all the necessary staff training.
Is there an operations manual available?
Yes, we have a full operations manual covering all aspects of running your café. Our café operations manager will also be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Will I get help creating my Sierra café?
Absolutely! Our staff will help you every step of the way. This includes, where relevant, site plans, the design and fit out, staff hiring and training, the menu and so on.
I am interested in purchasing a Sierra café, what do I do next?
Simply complete the Expression of Interest Form below and we will be in touch. In between times, you can explore any new sites we have that are ready for a Sierra café and a new franchisee owner‐operator, currently available here.